Friday, May 1, 2009

I am so excited about all the upcoming individual cupcake missions! I will have to break in new running shoes and find exciting parks to run sprints in each city to counter all calorie consumption. But cupcakes for charity means enjoying sans guilt. So I may skip the sprints and find new muscles in my fingers pulling back all the paper linings of the yummy confectionary treats! One and bite, two and bite, three and bite!!!!
Soon I will be busting out the calculator and totaling how much money is raised for causes, people, or animals in need through Cupcake Missions. This is just an idea I had, something fun, social, pro-active and easy. I am so not an Alpha mom who goes to the end of the earth to decorate for my two year old's party. I put out old holiday plates and mis-matched cups and call it a happy birthday.
It's great when individuals, businesses, and organized groups all rally for cupcakes and causes. I think we can all make a difference and have a lot of fun doing it.
And that's what this is: fun, not work. This is not my job. This is my passion. I hope others are inspired to make a difference in their community or contribute on a national/global level, cupcakes or no cupcakes.
But cupcakes are much more fun!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the upcoming events! I am sure that they will go well and motivate others to get involved. Your passion for this project is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you make a great point about the cupcakes as a "fun" way to bring attention to a cause. When I think of a cupcake, I think of frivolity. It has virtually no nutritional value--you eat it purely for the love of its taste. Just a small little treat to cheer up your day...

    So, when you juxtapose the cupcake against issues such as cancer, AIDS, war, poverty, global environmental degradation, etc., you have to wonder how the poor little cupcake can help!

    I think this is a nice way for people to focus some attention on an issue that is important to them. We all can't fight every battle, but if EACH of us chooses one we are passionate about, we will COLLECTIVELY make a difference...

    Now, how do I change my screen name to something recognizable???

    ReplyDelete