Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It is more challenging than I imagined to convince people to accept the cupcake mission. I have officially stalled. And for anyone who read my first entry, I am afraid of flying. Which is ironic, because when I graduated high school, all I wanted to do was skydive which made no sense to my father, the pilot. He agreed to the skydiving lessons as long as I would take 10 flying hours on the very Cessna style plane I would be jumping from. I only took six hours realizing I would never solo so reluctantly my father granted me the skydiving lessons. I almost backed out of those, too, but my grandfather, Opa, had a few words of wisdom that convinced me to jump. Opa was a wise man full of wit, humor, and one-liners that summed everything up. His one-liner of the day was, "At least you don't have enemies shooting at you." Why that put everything into perspective and gave me the courage to jump is beyond me but it was the most immaculate sunset I have ever experienced to date.

But I digress...back to stalling out. Having spoken to friends, they are all incredibly supportive but flat out of time and unsure that their efforts will actually make a difference for the better. While it is easy for me to disagree, it is more challenging to be persuasive. But I will....

I have contacted one business in Atlanta, a cupcake bakery of all things, and I am waiting to hear back if they, too, will accept the cupcake mission and donate all proceeds of the sales for the day (or a portion of the proceeds) to a charity of their choice. In time I will disclose the bakery because regardless of them accepting the mission or not, everyone should go support them and fill their tummies with absolute yummies. Again I face the challenge of persuasion (why did I drop debate in high school???) but I never underestimate the power of a cupcake and I have hope and faith that the cupcake mission will be in Hotlanta soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment